Re: Lilypond fonts in Latex

From: Stuart Pullinger
Subject: Re: Lilypond fonts in Latex
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:40:35 +0100

> > 4. Install the feta type1 fonts. As in:
> > http://www.mamster.net/tex/latex-fontfaq-amster-burton.pdf
>
> This is probably the most straightforward way; additionally, you can
> use such fonts with virtually all TeX environments because all of them
> support Type 1 fonts.

After trying the other methods, this is the one I am now using ;^)

>   . The LaTeX encoding of the lilypond font(s) is clearly `U'; it
>     makes no sense to create a new encoding for it.

Could you explain what you mean by `U'? The example in the tutorial
above uses an encoding called TeX'n'ANSI, also called LY1 in LaTeX. The
conversion program afm2pfm requires an encoding files found at
texmf/dvips/base/texnansi.enc. This encoding doesn't work with the feta
font - is there an equivalent file for the feta font? If I understand
correctly the .enc file matches the TeX glyph name to the glyph number
in the font. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help,
Stuart