Re: "once override" works differently on R and r

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: "once override" works differently on R and r
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:26:42 +0200

Quoting Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:

Hello David,
as you can see in the following snippet, there are several ways to
print text above an empty measure; all of them wan be moved using the
appropriate object name; besides since all of them accept the \markup
command, all of them accept \translate as well.
The third one is what I would recommend to print the tempo indication
(you don't have to put it after the rest, because it's aligned with
the barline or the clef).

Regards,
Valentin

{
 \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'( 2 . 0 )
 r1^\markup {"normal" \translate #(cons 2 -3)"rest" }

 \override MultiMeasureRestText #'extra-offset = #'( 2 . 0 )
 R1^\markup {"multi-measure" \translate #(cons 2 -3)"rest" }

 \override Score.RehearsalMark #'extra-offset = #'( 2 . 0 )
 \mark \markup {"as"\translate #(cons 2 -3)" a mark" }R1
}

I strongly recommend you to use the padding property instead of the extra-offset property when you just want to move things vertically.
See section "Moving objects" for some explanations of why padding
is preferable.

  /Mats