Re: Fixing bad alignment in polyphonic section

From: Damian leGassick
Subject: Re: Fixing bad alignment in polyphonic section
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:51:10 +0100

that's not so ugly, i'll use it

but why did you need the 'Three' in \voice Three ?

it works without the 'Three' in 2.11.27

On 26 Jun 2007, at 08:09, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Tricky situation! The only fix I can think of for the moment, is the following
ugly workaround:

\version "2.10.25"
\paper { ragged-right = ##t }
<< \relative c'' {
   << { \voiceThree g4 } \\ { <d f>8 <c e> } >>
}
\new Staff \relative c {
 \clef bass
 << { \hideNotes a'4 } \\ {<b, d f g>8 <c e g> } >>
}

  /Mats

Neil Puttock wrote:
Hi everybody,

In the following example, I'm dissatisfied with the alignment of the voices on the top stave. I've tried all sorts of overrides and tweaks but most of them create more problems than they solve.

\version "2.10.25"
\paper { ragged-right = ##t }
<< \relative c'' {
    << { g4 } \\ { <d f>8 <c e> } >>
}
\new Staff \relative c { \clef bass <b d f g> <c e g> }

I've seen several engraved versions of this section and they all agree that the g4 should be to the left, with the quaver chords aligned between treble and bass.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Neil

        Mats Bengtsson