Fixing bad alignment in polyphonic section

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Fixing bad alignment in polyphonic section
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:03:28 +0100

Hi everybody,

In the following example, I'm dissatisfied with the alignment of the voices on the top stave. I've tried all sorts of overrides and tweaks but most of them create more problems than they solve.

\version "2.10.25"
\paper { ragged-right = ##t }
<< \relative c'' {
}
\new Staff \relative c { \clef bass <b d f g> <c e g> }

I've seen several engraved versions of this section and they all agree that the g4 should be to the left, with the quaver chords aligned between treble and bass.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Neil