Re: A few suggestions for Documentation 7.3 "Vocal music"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: A few suggestions for Documentation 7.3 "Vocal music"
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:55:07 -0700

Valentin Villenave wrote:
while translating the 7.3 section into French on the Wiki, it appeared
to me that maybe there could be a simpler way to put this. Though I
didn't change anything in my translation, once I've been done I've
tried to work on the English text.

I'm very open to changing section 7.3.

Here is what I came up with; my English might not be quite perfect,
but this is more about sections order, simplification, and avoiding
some things to be told twice...

I'm sorry I didn't make a patch; since there are some major changes
here, I'd rather this to be discussed first :(

The lack of a patch is very unfortunate, especially in something this long. I'm not comfortable blindly replacing the entire doc section with this new one, but it's very difficult to see exactly what is being changed. Could we at least split up the changes?

The first step are the sections: if you could tell me how to reorder the sections, that would be great. Once that's done, we can discuss the changes to each section individually.

By the way, the example in 7.3.9.4 takes a whole page; why? How could
we make it smaller?

To make this easy to find the .texinfo, remember to add the section title:
Printing stanzas at the end

I think it's because that example uses \book{}. I suspect that it doesn't need to; I'll investigate this in more depth soon.

Cheers,
- Graham