Re: problem with volta bracket

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: problem with volta bracket
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:35:01 +0200

Quoting Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:

Hi Tao,

Now, where would I have to put the commands inline?
Directly before the \repeat volta or inside?
Because I don't want to change the whole file.

In Lilypond, (nearly) every tweak has to be placed *immediately* before the item you're tweaking. In this case, it means just before the \alternative (which is where the VoltaBracket begins) -- see code, below.

This isn't entirely correct! A setting done with \override will
apply to all notes following the setting, so you can do it at the top of the piece if you wish (but make sure to do it in the same
Staff context if you say \override Staff.VoltaBracket ... )

What Kieren said is true if you use \once \override ..., though, since then the setting will only apply to the next note (or whatever
object).

   /Mats