Re: problem with volta bracket

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: problem with volta bracket
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:30:28 +0200

There shouldn't be any need for the extra-offset property in this situation. What I always use is
\override Staff.VoltaBracket #'minimum-space = #8
Replace the 8 by whatever suitable value, the default value is 5.

   /Mats

Quoting Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:

Hello Tao:

The bracket from the first ending is placed vertically higher than
the bracket from the second ending, to not collide with the notes in that bar.
[...]
Does anyone have a solution for me?

Without you having posted your code, we can't see the problem ourselves. Regardless, I've always been able to fix similar problems with

    \once \override Staff.VoltaBracket #'padding = #6
    \once \override Staff.VoltaBracket #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -4)

where the #6 and #'(0 . -4) can be changed to fit a given situation.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.