Re: Measure number collision

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Measure number collision
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:12:57 -0400

2007/4/23, Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:
Here is an example of a treble clef. I only need the outermost curves traced,
but it doesn't matter if some other curves are. I don't know exactly what the
resolution needs to be, but it should distinguish between, for example, the
stem and the bottom of a flat (also between the stems and the middle of a
natural).

I think it would be hard to write macros to approximate strokes with
lines. My suggestion is to render the outside contour as a coarse
bitmap, and then use potrace to generate a simple curved
representation.