Re: TeXShop and Lilypond

From: Michael Millett
Subject: Re: TeXShop and Lilypond
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:21:43 -0500

Mechsner Wolfgang wrote:
Thank you for the quick answer! But:

My Lilypond-folder lays on my Desktop

My Lilypond-LaTeX.engine contains:

set LILYPONDFOLDER = /Users/wome/Desktop

As I told you: my Lilypond-Engine (in Library/TexShop/Engines) works with this variable!

Any ideas?

Mechsner Wolfgang wrote:
If your LP application is in a folder on your desktop, then it appears to me you need one more addition to your path name. For instance, I have a folder on my Desktop called Lilypondfolder. In order to point to it, the path is:

LILYPONDFOLDER = /Users/michaelm/Desktop/Lilypondfolder

In case it helps, the way I have been finding this information is to open the Terminal, enter ls, which lists the contents, then click cd Desktop (or something from the list that gets me to the application), then ls again . . . and continue the process until I get to the location of the Lilypond application. This gives me the path.

Other than that, I'm not sure how to help. I was told that, if the LP application was located on my desktop, the code in the engine would be:

LILYPONDFOLDER = /Users/michaelm/Desktop

But this is what you already have.

Yours perhaps should read:

LILYPONDFOLDER = /Users/wome/Desktop/Lilypondfolder

The only other thing I can think of to offer is a copy of the file of the engine I am using, which assumes that LP is located in Applications.

I hope something here helps.
Michael

#!/bin/tcsh
set LILYPONDFOLDER = /Applications
set path = ($path $LILYPONDFOLDER/Lilypond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/)
mkdir -p "$1:r"-out/
if ({ lilypond-book --output="$1:r"-out --psfonts "$1" }) then
  cd "$1:r"-out
  if ({ latex "$1" }) then
    if ({ dvips -o -Ppdf -R0 -h "$1:r".psfonts "$1:r".dvi }) then
      if ({ ps2pdf "$1:r".ps }) then
        mv "$1:r".pdf ..
      endif
    endif