Re: TeXShop and Lilypond

From: Walter Hofmeister
Subject: Re: TeXShop and Lilypond
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:06:03 -0600

On 4/15/07 9:12 PM, "Michael Millett" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I need to make some handouts in TeXShop that incorporate Lilypond code,
> and pretty quickly. And I have not yet been able to get the two to work
> together. I don't understand what I need to do. Would someone kindly
> tell me what is wrong with this TeXShop code.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Michael
>
> \documentclass [12pt] {report}
>
> \usepackage {times}
> \usepackage [dvips] {graphicx}
>
> \begin {document}
>
> \begin {flushright}
> My Name
> \end {flushright}
>
> \begin {center}
>
> Brahms: Intermezzo In A Major\\
> \emph {Op. 118, No. 2}
> \end {center}
>
> \begin {lilypond}
> \version "2.8.4"
> {
> \key a \major << e'4 gis' c'' e'' >>
>  << e' g' cis'' >>
> << e' g' d'' >>
> << a' cis'' e'' >>
>
> << a' c'' f'' a'' >>
> << f' a' c'' dis'' >>
> << dis' fis' a' c'' >>
> << a' c'' e'' >>
>
> << e'1 gis' b' >>
> \bar "||"
>
> }
>
> \end{lilypond}
>
> \end {document}

Michael,
    Check here: http://www.dimi.uniud.it/vitacolo/freesoftware.html

    Thanks to Nicola Vitacolonna for this bit of software.

Scroll down the page about half-way to the Desktop Publishing section. At
the bottom of the section you will see a link with instructions to get the
Lilypond engine working with TexShop. Note that point and click does NOT
work with TexShop (it is not compatible). Make sure that TexShop is set to
save files in UTF-8 Unicode format or Lilypond will choke.

Walter Hofmeister