Re: Beginner tutorial: The spanish wars

From: Manuel
Subject: Re: Beginner tutorial: The spanish wars
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:15:23 +0100

Pierre, I'm answering privately, not to exceed the list's requirements.

Manuel

Am 29/12/2006 um 23:11 schrieb Pierre Abbat:

On Thursday 28 December 2006 23:44, Manuel wrote:
I think Daniel means the set of sharp or flats right from the clef.

I wouldn't call it just "armadura", as someone might try to put on the whole key signature of God ;) which would be as silly as someone's signature on a check being three flats. Even if the check were the deposit for renting said
flats.

And what do you call the piece of soft iron put on the
poles of a magnet, or a part of a motor?

Sorry, I don't know what it is?

An armature.

For God's sake:

"Como" is accentuated only when it is in question form in México, in Argentina it is also accentuated in comparative, let's decide how to
accentuate it, ¿yes?

The accent is written if it's a question, but not if it's a relative
conjunction, nor if it's going into my mouth. If it went into *his*
mouth,
it's accented on the *second* o. ¿Cómo como? Como como comó.

I dont get that "comó", except if you mean "comió" (he ate).

Yes I meant "comió".

"No te comas los acentos" is a similar matter.

I've heard of, and often heard, comer la s, but what's comer el acento?

Right. But in the sense of "a sharp" it is masculine. La nota itself
is feminine. But la nota is not sustained, la nota is "un sostenido".

Ghargh! Now you see why I prefer "diesis"?

And in German, trousers are feminin, skirts are masculine and little
girls are neuter.

And in French, un vagin et une couille. I have been tripped on "del caño al
codo". Women, fire, and dangerous things...

Pierre