Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question

From: Frédéric Chiasson
Subject: Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:10:51 -0500

Might it be possible to use

\tuplet 3:2 {x x x}

for the usual operation, and if we want to have many tuplets of the same kind, to use

\tuplet 3:2 { {x x x} {y y y} {z z z} }

Might resolve the clarity problems.

Frédéric

2006/12/22, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
address@hidden escreveu:

> Since the duration would be the second of three arguments, it could not be
> optional, but that's not a problem.
>
> I think (?) this would have the side effect that \tuplet 3:2 2. would
> be the same as \tuplet 6:4 2. or \tuplet 9:6 2., which would mean
> that it would always be OK (even if not required) to express the ratio
> in reduced form (3:2 here).

1. We want to cut back on optional constructs

2. \tuplet 6:4 2. { .. }  is a lot of numbers. Not very readable IMO.

LilyPond Software Design
-- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com