Re: Single Straight Eighths?

From: S L Raymond
Subject: Re: Single Straight Eighths?
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:25:02 -0500

My current solution, which only works in a 3/4 jazz waltz, is to place a 4:3 bracket above either half or all the measure, whichever is appropriate. So for example, if the phrase is 888 8~88 (the ~ is a tie) and the last two eights are to be played straight, I place a |----4:3-----| over the second half of the measure.

Lyle