Re: Specify Multiple Properties ?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Specify Multiple Properties ?
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:59:12 +0100

In such a situation, Iwould rather define two functions
\tieUpAt and \tieDownAt to be used like
\tieUpAt #-5.5
to get a tie curved upwards at staff position -5.5.
This is easy to do using the techniques I referenced in the
manual, in my initial answer.

  /Mats

Steve D wrote:

Hello Mats-- Overnight I did think of one instance where setting

multiple properties for a single object, using just one command, would
be nice.  Using LilyPond's new functionality to allow manual formatting
for individual ties (thank you, Han-Wen!), it would be nice, instead of
this--

 \once \override Tie #'staff-position = #-5.5
 \once \override Tie #'direction = #1
   c'4 ~ c'

--if one could write something like this (I'm not a programmer, so pardon
the naive construction ;-)--

 \once \override Tie #'(('staff-position = -5.5) ('direction = 1))
   c'4 ~ c'

In this case, the ability to specify multiple properties and values for
a single object, all at the same time, would be better than writing a
macro as you suggested, because in this manual formatting the values for
the properties would change throughout the musical score where ties were
each individually formatted.

Once again, thanks for all the wonderful help, comments and advice you
offer to LilyPond users.

Best wishes,

Steve
New Mexico, US