Re: Half open hihat symbol

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Half open hihat symbol
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 13:36:34 -0800

On 18-Mar-06, at 8:44 AM, Pete Stieber wrote:

1. The small o I used is not quite the same as the "open" symbol. Is there
some way for me to replace the small o with the "open" symbol.
2. The UTF-8 hyphen isn't quite centered with respect to the o. Is there a
way to "center justify" each of them?
3. And finally, is there a way to include this in my halfopenhihat
definition? I tried

  (halfopenhihat  cross  \markup {\combine o -}    4)

Sorry, I can't really help you more than this. In theory, you could use a \markup { \score {c'4 \open }} -- and then add code to hide the staff lines, clef, and the note. It would be nice if there was a \markup { \script \open }} command, but that doesn't exist. You could contact Han-Wen about adding this as a sponsored feature, though.

You can make tweaks to the ouput of \markup with the \translate or \transpose command (can't remember what it is) -- again, see the "Overview of text markup commands" page.

Finally, I have no clue how to do percussion stuff. If it isn't covered in the docs, you'll have to hope somebody else responds. Sorry.

Cheers,
- Graham