Re: User Experience Engineering

From: Joshua Koo
Subject: Re: User Experience Engineering
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:05:15 +0800

Computers really aren't making the world paperless. (Unless we are in Matrix)
I wont underestimate the importance of paper (I even enjoy folding paper
aeroplanes, at one extend I was fired from my secondary school choir for "not
respecting the composers" when I used some scores to fold an airplane), but for
the past years in polytechnic, I have been typing more than I write, looking at
powerpoint slides more than I look at the whiteboard, looking at pdfs more than
I see printed notes.

Each composer have different way of composing. Mozart could take a pen and
churn out a piece of work like how you would write "Hello World". Mahler and
others could not compose without their piano. I don't compose, maybe just a
little of arrangements. I usually try something on the piano, then repeat the
rub and pencil process(some dust slipping down the piano). Thats why I would
love a click and drag approach. (If I were Beethoven, my home would be filled
with crushed, torn manuscripts, broken pens... If Beethoven were me, he might
just need a good optical mouse with sufficient warranty ;)

my $0.02,
Joshua