Re: piano staff dynamics and template found in docs.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: piano staff dynamics and template found in docs.
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:28:28 +0100

The first one is for the printed output only and the second one is for
MIDI output only (the former has a \layout{...} block and the latter
a \midi{...} block). The only reason I can see is that you want the
dynamic indications to apply to both left and right hand in the
MIDI output, so that's why \dynamics is included in these staves
for MIDI.

  /Mats

Sterling Sympatico wrote:

Hi,

I am using 2.6.3 now and am looking over the template for putting
dynamics in piano staff.  I am a little confused about some of the
blocks of info needed to do this.

I understand:

\upper =
\lower =
\dynamics =

\score {
        \context PianoStaff <<
                \context Staff=upper \upper
                \context Dynamis=dynamics \dynamics
                \context Staff=lower \lower

\layout {
}

but then there is another \score block that doesn't make sense to me.  I
guess I need some clarification as to what this second \score block is
for.

Thanks for any simple explanation so I can get my head around the format
of this coding.

Yours,

Sterling MacNay

        Mats Bengtsson