padding between key signature, time signature, and first note of bar

From: Sterling Sympatico
Subject: padding between key signature, time signature, and first note of bar
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 01:05:05 -0500

Hi again,

How do I pad between time signature and first note of a bar?
I notice that the first note following a time signature is almost
touching the time sig.  I seem to recall this being a bug but was
wondering if it was fixed now or how to force some padding?

I amd including links to three pages of the unfinished piece.  Each page
will show an example of my issue.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sterling MacNay