Re: 2 conversion problems 2.4.6->2.6.3

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 2 conversion problems 2.4.6->2.6.3
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:00:38 -0800

On 3-Nov-05, at 9:08 AM, Thomas Ruedas wrote:

understand at all what is meant by it - I can only say that I don't
see where I depart from the manual with respect to the beams. This is
the error message:
"Applying conversion: 2.5.0, 2.5.1, 2.5.2, 2.5.3, 2.5.12, 2.5.13,
2.5.17, 2.5.18, 2.5.21,
Not smart enough to convert auto beam settings
Auto beam settings must now specify each interesting moment in a
measure explicitely; 1/4 is no longer multiplied to cover moments 1/2
and 3/4 too.
Please refer to the manual for details, and update manually.
error while converting
Aborting"

This message refers to automatic beaming; it might be generated unnecessarily. Try commenting out any automatic beaming setup, run convert-ly, then uncomment the automatic beaming. If it still works, great; if not, see the 2.6/2.7 manual for the new format.

As I am at typography: previously I entered an en-dash in a title in
the TeX way as --, and it produced the expected result. This doesn't
work anymore, so how can I enter the en-dash now?

Insert the symbol directly into the lilypond file, just like accents and non-latin characters. See the docs for utf-8.

Cheers,
- Graham