Re: text font problems with 2.6.4 for windows?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: text font problems with 2.6.4 for windows?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:56:53 +0100

Mats Bengtsson writes:

> Thanks for your efforts! However, is it really that hard to make a simple
> test case yourself?

Yes, it is.  To me, the whole Windows platform is some sort of ugly
black voodoo, as you can see from the snippets I sent, it works for
me.  Just as the previous release worked somewhat, except for argv0
relocation and dll loading.

I have leant that if something on windows `works for me', that's a
very useful first step, but it quite possibly doesn't work for you.

Any windows gurus want to step in here?

> There are still a number of problems to solve:

Thank a lot Mats,
Sigh.

>   When I did
>  >>set PYTHONHOME="C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\lib\python2.4

I do not think that PYTHONHOME will work, because it is in disharmony
with the directory layout that make install creates.  PYTHONPATH
should work...

> 3. You still have to call lilypond with full path, otherwise you get:

Hmm, how odd.  It is advertised that on Windows, argv0 is always an
absolute file name.  Anyway, this should be an easy fix

> 4. On the positive side: It seems that your settings of PATH, PATHEXT
>   and PYTHONPATH work well, at least on WinXP after the first
>   reboot.

Yay!

Jan.