Re: 2.6: Please don't take my Cygwin away

From: Colin Wilding
Subject: Re: 2.6: Please don't take my Cygwin away
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:50:02 +0100

Jan

Thanks for the detailed reply.  I'm really pleased that both the
Cygwin and the native Windows version will be there, and I can see the
advantages of the native version for many people.

> Also, GNU/Linux is far superior to Windows+Cygwin.

Definitely.  I use the GNU/Linux version whenever I can.  But
Windows+Cygwin is the closest I can get to it on the machine I have to
use most of the time :-)

Colin