Re: PNG problem with 2.5.27 on WinXP

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: PNG problem with 2.5.27 on WinXP
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 09:34:12 +0200

Roman V. Isaev writes:

>       I installed 2.5.27 on WinXP box and it worked fine but it fails
> to generate PNG files.
> When I tried to find out what happens I found that file lilylib.py
> is missing.

This is a known bug, we should rewrite this functionality in guile.
The native lilypond does not have a python interpreter.

>       How to solve this problem? I need PNG files as preview
> images for PDFs...

I hope we'll get around to fix this before 2.6.  Otherwise, just stick
with Cygwin if you're happy with that.

>       BTW I don't see any diagnostics when lilypond works. It may be ok
> for these who love drag&drop, but I work in bash (cygwin) and use makefile
> to generate several PDF and PNG files at once. How to force lilypond to
> print diagnostics to stdout, like 2.4.2 did? Also I can't run lilypond -h
> to find out all command line options...

That's strange.  It works for me.  Do you run from a Cygwin terminal?

If you really want, you can hack the file

    .../usr/share/lilypond/x.y.z/scm/lily.scm

and set

    (define (running-from-gui? #f))

Jan.