RE: Lilypondtest failed

From: arjan.bos
Subject: RE: Lilypondtest failed
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:43:00 +0100

 On 13-Feb-05, at 9:08 AM, Oddmund Åvik wrote:

> Yes, I wish to use the later version, so I uninstalled version 2.2.5
> and tried to install the unstable version, but I got the message:
>
> /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.3/cc1plus is not executable!
>
> It is perhaps something wrong deep in the OS and the only way to fix it
> is to erase the harddisk and install 10.3 again?

Did you try to repair permissions? It seems that the executable bit has
flipped. Permissions repair is done with Disk Utitlity. And it is quite often a
cure for strange error messages.

And if it doesn't help you, then you could always try to install the MacOSX
10.3.8 combo updater, as this will contain all updates from 10.3.0 upto 10.3.8.

HTH, HAND,

Arjan