Re: Changing vertical staff spacing for PianoStaff?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Changing vertical staff spacing for PianoStaff?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:06:41 +0100

The fixed spacing of the piano staff is really only necessary
when you have beams crossing between the lower to the upper stave.
If you don't have that, just use a GrandStaff instead of the PianoStaff
and you will get exactly what you want.

   /Mats

Matthias Kilian wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to temporarily extend the vertical alignment of
piano staffs?  I've the problem that I need more space for some parts
only. Enlarging the distance for the whole piece would just look ugly.

Would it even be possible to let LilyPond automatically enlarge
the distance to avoid collisions between both staffs, i.e. use that
`forced-distance' as default but use a larger value when detecting
vertical collisions?

Regards,
        Kili

        Mats Bengtsson