Re: My own wishlist...

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: My own wishlist...
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:27:27 -0500

Hello, Darius:

Since Lilypond variables are just a notational shorthand for scheme
"let" constructs, wouldn'it be possible to have Lilypond functions
translate seamlessly to scheme functions?

I think this sounds like a great idea; in fact, a "library" of Scheme functions which have Lilypond function shorthands would be a great community project! [Ever since I discovered Lilypond, I have been meaning to learn Scheme -- maybe the existence of such a project would provide the push I need to hunker down and do it, so that I would be able to contribute some functions myself.]

Are there any Scheme-savvy users out there willing to work on something like this?

Best regards,
Kieren.