Re: First release of LilyPond tool for jEdit

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: First release of LilyPond tool for jEdit
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:14:35 -0800

On 2004/01/24, Bertalan Fodor wrote:

>Dear LilyPond users,
>
>I'm happy to announce the first release of my LilyPond plugin for
>jEdit (http://www.jedit.org).
>I think Windows users will be especially
>happy with this plugin, because you can achieve many features that
>were available only in Emacs/Vim. It should work on other platforms as
>well, because it's written in Java (as jEdit). It has a unique feature
>as well: Document Setup Wizard to set up staves easier. For download
>information and screenshots, see its homepage at
>http://lily4jedit.sourceforge.net

Thank you Mr Fodor for all your work! I am trying Lilypond through fink
on Mac OS X, and your plugin sounds perfect for me - I'll be very happy
to have syntax colouring especially, and as a Mac user I admit I'm a
little intimidated (OK, not just a little)  :-)    by emacs.

I have downloaded jEdit 4.1, and all the material for your plugin, and I
have put them together according to your instructions so that everything
appears to work (that is, my jEdit window looks essentially like your
screenshots).

However, when I open a .ly file in this environment, and call lilypond
from your menu in jEdit, nothing happens - no lilypond action, no errors
reported. (The syntax colouring is nice though!) The file I'm using is
one that outputs correctly when I call lilypond from the OS X terminal
application.

I assume I will need to do further set-up to make it work - do you have
any suggestions what I might need to do next?

Thanks
David