project management revisited

From: Aaron
Subject: project management revisited
Date: 07 Oct 2003 23:49:00 +0200

Hi all,
a while ago I asked advise on versioning for a notation project.
The answer was CVS. I asked my webhost if I could install it and they
gave me shell access.
I have no idea however what I am doing, I read the help files and can't
figure out how to use it.

They all say make a Repoistory directory, which I did. All empty.
Do I create a directory structure for the files or does Cvs.
I realize that this is the wrong list to ask but I can't see myself
subscribing to yet another mailing list.. I am subscribed to at least 10
already.

Must I add files now or can I add them later.
Since it is not a software project it must be different somehow, hmm,
just confused.

If anyone of list could help me with this I would most appreciate it.
Thanks
Aaron