Re: How to represent shifts in fingering

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: How to represent shifts in fingering
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 23:48:59 -0800

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 22:10:45 -0500
Daniel Ashton <address@hidden> wrote:
> In the manual I find that fingerings can be represented using -N,
> where N is a decimal.  In string music, shifts from one position to
> another are often represented by a straight line connecting two
> fingerings.  Can this be done in lilypond?

I'm certain that it _can_ be done, but I don't know of any easy way.
Here's one way of fudging it, though:

\score{\notes{
a4^"2" b4^"-2"
}}

(you might want to try something like b4^"---2" instead)

BTW, you can also represent fingerings using ^N and _N.  I find this
occasionally useful for showing alternate fingerings.

Cheers,
- Graham