Re: lilypond bar numbers, string choosing?

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: lilypond bar numbers, string choosing?
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 12:50:49 +0200

Karl Berry wrote:

1) is it really true that bar numbers cannot printed on every bar (so
   says node `Bar numbers'?  This would be very helpful when working on
   a score.

Yes, it is true unfortunately.

2) when generating tablature, it occurs to me that lilypond could in
   theory choose a default string for a given pitch.

Well, it does so already - at least from 1.6.1.
I suddenly realise that I never put this into the documentation though - I'll mention something about it.

Quickly speeking the translator-property 'minimumFret chosses the lowest fret to use when automatically selecting frets. Default is 0. If you add a string to the note (as in c'-3) then this string is used; if you don't add a string (as in c') then the on the tabkature topmost (currently) string with fret number not less than minimumFret is used.

-Rune