Re: Shape notes

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Shape notes
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:24:04 +0100 (MET)

Citat "J. David Blackstone" <address@hidden>:

> >>     walkon71>  are there any plans to  develop any software using
> shape
> >> notes (do re mi)?

The main problem is that the esthetical impression of the shape notes is
extreamely poor.
I.e. triangular noteheads with horisontal bottom look extreamely stupid when
attached to a stem (therefore I slanted the triangular noteheads a bit. They
are still not perfect, but they are imho much nicer than before).

The main goal of LilyPond is to achieve musical output of high visual quality,
and I find this very hard to accomplish with note-heads shaped after this
system.

-Rune