Re: RFC on MR 1368

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: RFC on MR 1368
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 09:08:29 -0600

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 4:01 PM Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>

> Jonas and I have an intense (and very exhausting) discussion where to
> add kerning data.  I want to hear more opinions whether I should go
> 'route one' (which I prefer) or 'route two' (which Jonas prefers).
>
> Please have a look at MR 1368
>
>   https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1368
>
> and chime in.

I've chimed in on the merge request comment chain.

I think we should approve the patch as long as it functions correctly.
While both of the proposed architectures can probably be made to work, it's
not clear that Werner's actual archictecture is worse than Jonas's proposed
architecture.  So in my mind we should take the existing functional patch.

Carl