Re: rendering differences if using `-j12 CPU_COUNT=12`

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: rendering differences if using `-j12 CPU_COUNT=12`
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 11:33:51 +0200

Am Sa., 1. Mai 2021 um 11:16 Uhr schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld via
Discussions on LilyPond development <lilypond-devel@gnu.org>:

> Am Samstag, dem 01.05.2021 um 10:16 +0200 schrieb Jean Abou Samra:
> > Since commit 4751d0a66e97a61c763c150bb38f0446cc945f4d,
> > ly/turkish-makam.ly contains this:
> >
> > #(set! standard-alteration-glyph-name-alist
> >         (append turkishMakamGlyphs
> >                 standard-alteration-glyph-name-alist))
> >

> > which changes the shared variable
> > standard-alteration-glyph-name-alist, used by the
> > \sharp markup command among others.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > This means that if a snippet using turkish-makam.ly
> > is compiled, in the same session, before a file
> > using \markup \sharp, the glyph changes.
> >
> > Basically the mechanism should be changed so that
> > set! is no longer needed.
>
> I think all that's needed is changing
>     (define-public standard-alteration-glyph-name-alist
>     (define-session-public standard-alteration-glyph-name-alist
> and the session mechanism will take care to restore the initial value
> after each file (as lang as you don't use destructive operations on
> that initial value).
>
> Jonas

Wouldn't it be better to _not_ reset
`standard-alteration-glyph-name-alist' at all?
The files hel-arabic.ly, turkish-makam.ly and makam.ly all define some
custom-makam-glyph-alist and use this alist in \layout for
KeySignature, Accidental, AccidentalCautionary, TrillPitchAccidental,
AmbitusAccidental.
Is this not sufficient? In other words why not simply delete all
occurrencies of:
#(set! standard-alteration-glyph-name-alist
       (append whateverMakamGlyphs
               standard-alteration-glyph-name-alist))
?
Then we would rely only on the mechanism partially demonstrated in
input/regression/accidental-ancient.ly

I'll test that later this WE

Cheers,
  Harm