Re: GSoC 2020 update: Aug 7

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020 update: Aug 7
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 18:38:06 +0200 (CEST)

   Now that the deadline of the project starts coming into view you should
   keep in mind that the priority is to have your work properly tested,
   cleaned-up and merged. This is much more important than getting one or
   more further features implemented - even if they should be your pet
   features or seem crucial. As far as I can see your work so far has been
   extremely useful, and it will remain so even if at the end of GSoC it's
   not in a state that every user can use it out-of-the-box. OTOH if I
   understood the recent discussion about merging and rebasing correctly
   your code itself has not been reviewed at all so far? In that case you
   should definitely expect the review process to take longer than you
   initially expect... Even without serious issues the review process for
   getting anything into LilyPond is somewhat time-consuming. So I
   encourage you to plan from the end backwards and don't push the
   possibly tedious and boring tasks of finalizing your work too much
   away.

   ———-

   Owen,

   Additionally (and sorry if this is obvious), I think would be great if
   you could keep half a day for writing a blog post on
   [1]http://lilypondblog.org/. This will help communication about your
   project in the community.

   Best,

   Jean