Re: 2.21.0 Issues all verified!

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: 2.21.0 Issues all verified!
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 00:05:52 +0200

On 5/16/20, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks to all who have helped us get
> back to a more regular release schedule!

Well, thanks to you!  And to everybody who gave a hand (Federico,
Karlin, and a few others?).  For a little while I was reminded of the
Google tracker era, and of all the great work Graham contributed to.
(Though today some of us evidently have a different approach in mind
-- and didn’t seem to be impressed by this collective effort, which
Jonas criticized as favoring "quantity over quality".)

We’ll see what the issue-tracking policy becomes in the future
(marking issues as "Verified" may well go the way of the dodo, since
from what Jonas told me GitLab pushes us to only have two states: Open
and Closed).  My main concern is that merge requests shoudn’t get
prioritized over code consistency and QA.  (From a personal point of
view, I am feeling quite discouraged but that’s my sort-of default
mode so it doesn’t carry much meaning.)

Cheers,
-- V.