Re: labels on GitLab

From: Trevor
Subject: Re: labels on GitLab
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 17:00:53 +0000

Jonas wrote 12/05/2020 13:42:46

> In my opinion, there are currently far too many labels on GitLab. To
> avoid the situation getting worse, please do not create new labels out
> of thin air for now. Instead we should first contemplate on what we
> really need and configure this appropriately. (Adding a label for every
> possible warning that could be fixed is not helpful.)

+1

Labels are most useful when they form a limited set. That way we all know what they are and what they mean. Inventing new labels is not really helpful as they can rarely be applied to anything else and after a short while no one
knows they exist or what they mean.

Is there any way of limiting the set of labels which may be applied? That would also eliminate spelling mistakes as well as making selecting Issues
by label more reliable.

Trevor