Re: Verifying issues on Gitlab

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Verifying issues on Gitlab
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 00:12:21 +0200

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all
>
> I've started verifying issues on Gitlab.
> It's quite straightforward, but still boring :-)
> I think that most of the times it's "useless", meaning that I can't
> find any error.. but sometimes you may find something useful to
> report: a new command to be documented, an unclear new feature, etc.
>
> The problem is that the number of issues to be verified, only for
> 2.21.0, is still huge (552):
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=closed&label_name[]=Fixed_2_21_0&label_name[]=Status%3A%3AFixed
>
> and only 21 issues have been verified so far:
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=closed&label_name[]=Fixed_2_21_0&label_name[]=Status%3A%3AVerified
>
> If nobody else jumps in, I will probably give up soon.

The verification was more about checking that a particular commit made
it into a particular version if I remember correctly.  "A new command to
be documented, an unclear new feature, etc..." is above the pay grade of
the Bug Squad basically asked to do the verification (I know, I know:
I've not exactly been great at keeping our infrastructure workers
recruited and dedicated).

--
David Kastrup