Re: repository at GitLab

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: repository at GitLab
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 11:56:34 +0200

Am Montag, den 11.05.2020, 11:52 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
> Am Montag, den 11.05.2020, 11:39 +0200 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
> > > I granted everybody access to the group
> > > https://gitlab.com/lilypond who
> > > sent requests so far.
> >
> > Please give me access too; my username on GitLab is 'lemzwerg'.
>
> Done.
>
> > Another question is what to do with the lilypond git mirror on
> > github...
>
> If we want to keep the mirror, we can make GitLab push updates
> automatically as potentially discussed for Savannah.

Sorry if I'm asking things I might have read if I had been able to pay
closer attention recently.

With the repository on Gitlab.com anybody who has an account can freely
fork the repository and interact with that fork. (And from there then
create Pull Requests to interact with the official repository.)

If that's the case I don't think there's an actual need for a mirror on
Github anymore. The original intention to set this up has been to
enable people to work with the code without having to ask for
permissions on the Savannah repository.

My suggestion would be to disable that mirror by updating the README.md
and archiving it (i.e. making it read-only).

Urs