Re: Use GhostScript API instead of forking (issue 548030043 by address@h

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: Use GhostScript API instead of forking (issue 548030043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 23:28:56 -0700

Technologically speaking, this is a brilliant idea, and I am all in
favor it.

However, I think we can't enable this by default.

Ghostscript is licensed under AGPL, and linking it in makes LilyPond a
derived work, putting it under AGPL as well. That would be effectively a
license change of LilyPond, which would need consent of the current
authors, and I think the Scorio folks would not be happy with.

I suggest we make this an option that you have enable explicitly. If it
is enabled, we'd have to change the --license output to say AGPL as
well.

https://codereview.appspot.com/548030043/