Re: Inline assembler fallback for _FPU_SETCW() missing in MINGW librarie

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: Inline assembler fallback for _FPU_SETCW() missing in MINGW libraries (issue 577450043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 02:06:36 -0700 (MST)

Dan Eble wrote
> On Jan 30, 2020, at 05:17,

> trueroad@

>  wrote:
>>
>> How about this patch?
>> Sorry, not tested.
>
> Bringing the _FPU_SETCW() branch and the asm() branch closer together is
> an improvement.
> (I don't have the resources to test this patch.)

Yes,
bringing _FPU_SETCW() and asm() closer together is a good idea.

I added some fprintf output around this asm() just in case I did catch an
architecure where this assembler call would cause a 'premature exit'.

I think, we need some additional checks of preprocessor defines, when NOT to
execute the inline assembler!
Originally I did only compare the preprocessor defines for
* mingw 32-bit x87 - needs SETCW
* mingw 32-bit sse2 - does not need SETCW - I do not know if SETCW will
harm!
* mingw 64-bit - does not neet SETCW - I do not know if SETCW will harm!

On my LILYDEV I added mingw, but I have no idea how to add all the other
target compilers GUB uses.
Especially I did not find, which package form the debian DVDs to install to
get the two DARWIN targets.
So I have a problem to check, which preprocessor checks to include - I could
just restrict it to MINGW until now

Can anyone create the lists of the preprocessor defines for (some of) the
other gcc targets?
I just looked up, it should be the command line »*gcc -dM -E« (prepend the
target name before gcc) to output this predefines to standard output (where
it can be directed into a file).

ArnoldTheresius,
   the initiator of this patch.
('Arnold' on the German Lilypond Forum)