Re: Inline assembler fallback for _FPU_SETCW() missing in MINGW librarie

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Inline assembler fallback for _FPU_SETCW() missing in MINGW libraries (issue 577450043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 14:36:03 -0800

While this answer is specific, it could be clearer, IMO:

Reviewing the Intel Manuals at
https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/a4/60/253665-sdm-vol-1.pdf
Section 4.2.2.

We can see that the 64 bit significand of Double Extended Precision
refers to an 80-bit floating point representation, and the 53-bit
significand of Double Precision refers to a 64-bit floating point
representation.

I think if we just leave the 64/53 bit numbers in the comment, the
reader might think we are not using 64-bit floating-point
representations.

https://codereview.appspot.com/577450043/