Re: Issue 4550: Avoid "using namespace std; " in included files (Take 2)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Issue 4550: Avoid "using namespace std; " in included files (Take 2) (issue 579240043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:32:31 +0100

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 4:26 PM <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2020/01/24 13:57:33, Dan Eble wrote:
> > On 2020/01/24 13:45:50, dak wrote:
> > > Hoo yes.  That kind of extensive change is going to hurt anyway
> given the
> > > current burst activity level.  It will likely suck either way.  Do
> you have
> > > particular dependencies yourself, Dan?
> >
> > I have a bunch of private branches (contexts, rehearsal marks, warning
> clean-up)
> > that I would like to get on with rebasing.  Normally, once I'm pretty
> sure that
> > a change of mine will be pushed, I'll just rebase to it locally, but
> with this
> > one, I don't want to start until it's in master.
> >
> > If you want help handling Han-Wen's patches tomorrow, you can delegate
> some to
> > me.
>
> Well, I should be able to handle them well enough.  It would be
> preferable if Han-Wen would provide Git-formatted patches (Rietveld is
> missing out on commit messages unless you consider scooping them up from
> the description as such, and while I would make sure that issue numbers
> are in the title lines, I think future rebases/merges at least for
> Han-Wen himself would work better if I work from original commits rather
> than original diffs).  And then it makes little sense distributing those
> patches to more than one person.

this goes back to what we discussed in Salzburg, namely that our
tooling is clumsy. Having a gerrit or GH/GL based workflow would let
us review and exchange diffs as native Git commits, which simplifies a
lot of things.

I'm happy to push my stuff to some git branch somewhere, if that helps you.

BTW, Why do we insist in associating each review with a sf.net issue,
even if there is no related bug?