Re: github mirror of lilypond?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: github mirror of lilypond?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 21:39:26 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 19.01.2020, 20:31 +0000 schrieb Erlend Aasland:
> True. But, there are GitHub alternatives that are free, for example
> Gitea.

Yes, but self-hosting a Git repository software (well, I have a Gitea
instance on my server) is an involved thing, and I don't think it's
reasonable to expect putting that burden and responsibility on
someone's personal shoulders.
I don't think that's an option for us either, although it would be the
way to go on a conceptual level. We'd have some money to pay for the
server and the maintenance...

Urs