Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 14:29:59 +0100

Hi Peter,

Am 18.01.2020 um 13:40 schrieb Peter Toye:
I'm slowly working my way through CG Section 2.1, but have reached an impasse. In "Configuring LilyDev
in VirtualBox". Step 1 tells me to "install Guest Addition...". That's been changed to
"Insert..." but that's obvious. The VBoxGuestAdditions.iso CD is in the virtual drive, but it seems
but there's no autorun, and clicking on it merely asks if I want to eject it.

It looks as if there's a step missing, as the CD doesn't seem to be mounted in
the file system, which would explain everything. But I'm not sure (as a Linux
newbie) where to look for it.
You won't need that. The guest additions have been incorporated into
LilyDev.
My patch for the CG will reflect this change.
If you have problems resizing the VM window to full size, try to change
the Display->Graphics controller to VBoxVGA in VirtualBox settings.
You can activate clipboard sharing in General->Advanced->Bidirectional.

Cheers,
Michael