[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #4955 tie-

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #4955 tie-configuration is partially ignored
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 11:50:38 +0000

Sorry for being too sparse.

So what did you expect to see?

The same vertical positions of the ties before and after the break – I'm manually setting the distances, so I expect that lilypond obeys, even if the result might be suboptimal.

What does "positions of longer ties get changed" mean?

For short ties (as after the break), lilypond uses the positions given in tie-configuration, but for longer ties (I haven't tried to find out the exact length) something else influences the vertical positions, which is unexpected and thus bad. I suspect that lilypond tries to avoid that ties touch the staff lines or something like that. However, it shouldn't do that for manually positioned stuff.

With a line break?

The line break itself doesn't matter, AFAICS. It's just a means to make the example small.

If so, which part of the ties behaves incorrectly? Before break, after break, both?

The ties before the break are not positioned as specified in tie-configuration.

[issues:#4955] tie-configuration is partially ignored

Created: Fri Aug 12, 2016 07:29 AM UTC by Werner LEMBERG
Last Updated: Sun Aug 14, 2016 08:54 AM UTC
Owner: nobody
Attachments:

\version "2.19.46"

\header { texidoc = "
LilyPond should obey the vertical positions of ties as specified with
@code{tie-configuration}.

Here is a counterexample, where the positions of longer ties get
changed.
" }

\paper { line-width = 80\mm }

\relative {