Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4365 in lilypond: Patch: Add ly_is_smob<T>(S)

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4365 in lilypond: Patch: Add ly_is_smob<T>(S) to check if S is a smob of type T.
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 02:16:29 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 4365 by address@hidden: Patch: Add ly_is_smob<T>(S) to check if S is a smob of type T.

Thanks for the update. My problems with unsmob() mentioned above were primarily due to late-night brain fog.

While debugging, I found evidence that is_smob() never needed dynamic casting in practice because the overridden unsmob() functions that it called already performed the conversion.

I'm going to attack this afresh, but touching unsmob too, and using a sed script for most of the work. I plan to create both unsmob<> and dynamic_unsmob<> for clarity.

Thanks for saying you prefer is_smob to ly_is_smob. I do too, but I looked around and thought I'd better use ly_.