Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4083 in lilypond: \keepWithTag does not nest w

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4083 in lilypond: \keepWithTag does not nest well
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 11:10:35 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: address@hidden
        Labels: Patch-new

Comment #14 on issue 4083 by address@hidden: \keepWithTag does not nest well
https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=4083#c14

Issue 4083: Implement \tagGroup command

After mulling this over and figuring out that declaring a \tagGroup
will not just keep \keepWithTag of some package unaffected by any tags
otherwise in use but will _also_ hide the use of tags internal to the
package from any outside use of \keepWithTag, I decided to go forward
on this approach.

The given implementation does "nothing special" for \keepWithTag and
\removeWithTag when given tags from different tag groups, or when
defining the same tag group several times (possibly by loading some
code twice).  It is arguable that either could warrant a warning.
However, the functionality of \keepWithTag #'(fromgroupI fromgroupII)
cannot easily be provided by anything else.

While I currently cannot imagine a useful application for it myself,
the implemented behavior is logically consistent.

Also contains:

Basic documentation for \tagGroup command

http://codereview.appspot.com/137920043