Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2538 in lilypond: LilyDev 3

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2538 in lilypond: LilyDev 3
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:47:21 +0000

Comment #27 on issue 2538 by address@hidden: LilyDev 3

That's really great! :)

As I said in an email, I just don't have the time to research or test this properly.

Everything you need to install is listed in this thread. I used to have make sure the correct version of astyle was included as the one we wanted was never part of the main repos, and I think fontforge is now the correct version in the default repos too. The configure script checks all this for you and lets you know.

I did include all the LILYPOND_env variables in default .bashrc and made sure the lilypond-extra files were also downloaded as part of the iso too. Also installed and added Lily-git.tcl as part of the $PATH too.

I also used to try to keep everything to a minimum like not installing games, office tools, video editing, sound stuff and so on (users can add that if they want it) but just the few applications they need to have a useful development installation inside a VM - if users want to install Linux as the main OS then LilyDev is not for them.

So if installing a simpler window manager would save more space then even better.