Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3860 in lilypond: Improve spacing of \fill-lin

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3860 in lilypond: Improve spacing of \fill-line - user word length not just distribute along centers of objects
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 22:58:21 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 3860 by address@hidden: Improve spacing of \fill-line - user word length not just distribute along centers of objects

Re #2:

That's fine by me.  I just worked something up.

The issue I can foresee is the one which plagues all such discussions -- naming.

I called the new command fill-line-constant-padding. It's long, but cutting down on
the letters might lead to confusion.

In the attached I added "collision detection" so to speak. The words won't come closer than word-space. Look what happens when you run the string with \fill-line.

Perhaps I should put this up as a patch once I check through it a bit more?

Attachments:
        fill-line-multiple-commands.ly  6.4 KB