Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3336 in lilypond: Proper spacing with text and

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3336 in lilypond: Proper spacing with text and script stencils
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 08:19:07 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 3336 by address@hidden: Proper spacing with text and script stencils

But the fret diagrams that show a difference usually have _plenty_ of space between the fretboards so the padding should just extend into blank air and not cause the music to space out more. Does that mean that our rules for spacing single-note measures are broken? I append one example of original and following spacing where there does not seem much of a reason to space the notes more.

With multi-measure-rest-text.ly I don't follow your argument either. Again attaching the images. The passage in question is

  R2.*10^"inner"^"top"_"inner"_"bot"
  \override MultiMeasureRestText.springs-and-rods
    = #ly:multi-measure-rest::set-text-rods

  R2.^"very very very very very very long text"
  c'2.

So the override only holds for the "very very very very very very long text", and that is not what is pushing down the second system. It is not even placed below the first system, so how could it?

Attachments:
        fret-diagrams-fret-label.png  6.2 KB
        fret-diagrams-fret-label.compare.jpeg  8.2 KB
        multi-measure-rest-text.png  10.1 KB
        multi-measure-rest-text.compare.jpeg  13.1 KB