Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 732 in lilypond: Alignment problems when verti

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 732 in lilypond: Alignment problems when vertically stacking horizontally centered stencils.
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:13:47 +0000

Updates:
        Cc: address@hidden
        Labels: -Priority-Medium -fixed_2_15_7

Comment #12 on issue 732 by address@hidden: Alignment problems when vertically stacking horizontally centered stencils.

The original problem is still there in version 2.17. The specific example given above is non-overlapping, but
  \markup{\concat \right-align { A BBBB C }}
shows that the space is put in the wrong places.

The patch improved the function general-column-align, repairing the problem withc ompound time signatures. But it also changed markup.scm:stack-stencil-line in an attempt to space out the original example.

This second change prevented backspacing with negative \hspace, see
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2012-11/msg00062.html> ,
and does not seem to improve right/center-aligned text. The old behavior made more sense to me.

I suggest reversing the change to markup.scm:stack-stencil-line

Attachments:
        732.png  1.3 KB